The Jack Macklin Group – Annalee Hooson Opening
OPENING – Annalee Hooson – Sings Jazz favorites.
Jack Macklin is a Guitarist, Composer, and educator from Chicago, IL. His music draws from a variety of traditions, bringing together forward-thinking with an emphasis on improvisation. Macklin began playing the Guitar at age 8 and quickly gravitated towards jazz and improvisation. Macklin has a bachelor’s degree in music from DePaul University where he went into a deep study of improvisation and the lineage of the guitar. Through DePaul, he has had the opportunity to study closely and be mentored by some of Chicago’s finest musicians including Scott Hesse, and Dana Hall. Macklin now resides in Nashville, Tennessee where he continually interacts with Nashville’s best musicians and is invested in learning a plethora of styles as well as the lineage of the guitar by staying invested in the music community.
Macklin has played with many notable musicians including Matt Ulery, Greg Ward, Jon Deitemyer, Donny McCaslin, Joel Frahm, Tim Seisser, Dave Douglas, Kyle Swan, and many others. Macklin was a part of the “Red Door Band” that was featured in news articles by Chicago Read and WGN. The band also released an EP in the summer of 2020, which features Macklin as a co-leader in the group. His experience working with admired musicians from many different traditions has made him an interactive, and versatile musician who is finding his distinct musical voice.
Since moving to Nashville, Jack performs regularly with his trio, simply named the Jack Macklin Trio. He regularly performs at venues around the Nashville area including Rudy’s Jazz Room, Stateside Kitchen, and The Grand Hyatt Hotel. Macklin’s goal is to create a band that goes above and beyond genres to connect with the audience on a personal level, to have a compelling experience that leaves the listener wanting more.
- Doors open 60 min before show start time. Please come in, enjoy a drink or some food while you wait for the show to start!!
- Tickets are available for purchase at the Box Office, 60 minutes before the show.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the show to check in at the Box Office. Please have your QR codes ready to scan at the Box Office (emailed to you at checkout). You must check in at the Box Office using your QR codes prior to gaining access to the showroom!
- Doors lock 30 min after scheduled start time. If you arrive at the theatre after this time, you will not be able to enter the theatre.
- Management reserves the right to deny entry to customers who they consider to be disruptive or dangerous to other patrons.
- We prioritize your security and keep your payment and personal information safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is industry standard and offers the best available security for online transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including your credit card number, name and address, making it unreadable over the internet.
- All sales are final, and we do not offer refunds, credits, or exchanges under any circumstances.
- All tickets grant access to general admission seating, encompassing both our main floor and, for select performances, our balcony seating. Tickets are purchased as general theatre admission or row based admission. When row-based, your seat will be guaranteed in the row selected; however, seating is general admission for the given row. You will not be able to select your seat in your assigned row until you arrive at the theatre on a first-come, first-serve basis. For general theatre admission ticketing, all seats and rows are on a first-come, first-serve basis and there are no reserved rows or seats.